Do you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of birthing families? Do you want to expand the services you already offer as a birth professional?
Gain the tools you need to equip birthing families to make confident, informed decisions while expanding your business and fulfilling your passion!
Attend a CAPPA approved Childbirth Education Training!
- November 18th & 19th in Colorado Springs, CO
- NOTE: Location subject to change, email Tiff Miller at email@example.com to double-check before registering.
- Check back for 2017
Would you like a CAPPA Childbirth Educator Training to come to where you live?
You may be able to earn your seat at a reduced cost or even for free by hosting a training! (This is for trainings scheduled outside of the Colorado Springs area only.)
Check back for hosting options in 2017!
This 2-day (18 seat hours) training is the first step in becoming a Certified Childbirth Educator with CAPPA, the world’s largest childbirth education organization. Attending will also count toward fulfilling CEU requirements for CAPPA professionals in need of recertification! (Check back for nursing contact hour offerings.)
- Nurses & other support staff. (L&D, NICU, Mom & Baby, Pediatrics)
- Current Childbirth Educators
- Hospital Educators
- Labor & Postpartum Doulas
- Physicians & Midwives
- Public Health Staff
- La Leche League Leaders & Lactation Professionals
- WIC Professionals
- Anyone supporting families during pregnancy
- Teach in hospitals or other professional facilities
- Teach childbirth classes exclusively as an independent childbirth educator
- Augment the support they already provide as a birth professional (doula, lactation support, parenting educator, etc.)
- Lead support groups
- Speak on pregnancy & childbirth related topics
- Teach private or group classes
- Offer unbiased, non-judgmental information and support to childbearing families
- Create their own curriculum within a broad and professional scope of practice
- Equip pregnant mothers and their partners to make informed decisions regarding their pregnancy and birth with confidence
This training covers:
- History & necessity of childbirth education
- Teaching adult learners
- Learning styles & teaching techniques
- Writing your own curriculum
- Evaluating and understanding current evidence
- Professional standards & ethics, including scope of practice
- Cultural sensitivity
- Hands-on teaching time
- Supporting the pregnancy, labor, birth, and breastfeeding connection
- Labor & birth physiology
- The role of the labor partner
- Interventions as tools
- Unexpected outcomes
- Cesarean section and VBAC
- Roles of various birth professionals
- AND MORE!
SCHEDULE & COST:
November 18th & 19th, 2016
8:00am – 7:00pm each day
- Early Bird Rate: $425 (paid in full by Oct. 4th, 2016)*
- Regular Rate: $450 (paid in full by Oct. 26th, 2016)
Check back for 2017 dates!
The cost includes:
- CAPPA Childbirth Educator Training Manual
- Folder of materials to help you get started right away
- Hands-on teaching time in class
- Membership and mentoring in my exclusive Facebook group
This training does NOT include CAPPA membership, CAPPA Academy, or the certification packet. To view all CCCE certification requirements, visit CAPPA.net.
For more information, please email Tiff Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember you are not registered until payment is made, registration is complete and I have sent a confirmation email.
- *Early Bird Registration Pricing of $425 applies if you are registered AND paid in full by February 17th, 2016 (For April training); April 19th, 2016 (For June training); September 27th, 2016 (For November training).
- Late registrations will be accepted on a case-by-case basis, with the understanding that your manual may not arrive in time for the training.
NOTE: Each student must be in attendance during the entirety of the training provided in order to receive a certificate of attendance for this Training Class.
After submitting your registration form, I will send you:
- An email letting you know I received your registration form–If you require a payment plan, please respond to this email within 24 hours to let me know, and I will discuss your options.
- A PayPal invoice within 2 business days of your submission
Thank you so much for choosing Birth In Joy for your CAPPA Childbirth Educator Training! I look forward to meeting you in class!
Grace & Peace,