I am officially a CAPPA Certified Labor Doula, and can use the initials “CLD” after my name! Don’t believe me? Here’s a quote from my congratulatory email I received from Val Staples, a CAPPA Executive Assistant:
Congratulations! You have completed the CAPPA Labor Doula Certification Program, and are a certified labor doula. You can now use the initials CLD after your name.
On with the links for this weekend. They are many! Enjoy!
Breastfeeding & Infants
- LAM – the Lactational Amenorrhea Method of Birth Control ~ World Alliance for Breastfeeding
- Children should ‘sleep with parents until they’re five’ ~ Times Online
Note: This article is very opinionated, and I am posting mainly for the facts she presents. I do NOT believe it is “right or wrong” to co-sleep, or not to co-sleep. I DO believe it is right to have all information before you decide.
- For baby, a breast-milk cappuccino: Morning feed gives infants a natural pick-me-up ~ MailOnline
- New Study: Hepatitis B Vaccine Triples the Risk of Autism in Infant Boys ~ David Kirby at The Huffington Post
Interventions & C-Sections
- Labor Induction Myths ~ Preparing for Birth
- 35+ and Pregnant ~ Preparing for Birth
- What to Expect When You Go to the Hospital for a Natural Childbirth ~ Guest author Molly Remer, MSW, ICCE at The Unnecesarean
- The Benefit of Hindsight ~ Guest author and midwife Amy Romano at The Unnecesarean
- Worries grow with C-section rate ~ Times Colonist
- The Effect of Physician Factors on the Cesarean Section Decision ~ JSTOR
Homebirth & Midwifery
- Checking Your Own Cervix ~ Preparing for Labor
This is waaaay cool!
- Movie Trailer: Guerilla Midwife
This looks AMAZING! I can’t wait to see it!
- The beatnik turned natural birth expert ~ The Guardian (UK)
Tells the story of the mother of modern midwifery, Ina May Gaskin.
- Duggar Family Welcomes First Grandchild ~ People